Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love being 50

I turned 50 on the 10th. What fun. We went out for breakfast, then out for dinner. I received wonderful gifts and many thoughtful and funny cards. A cell phone holder & chocolates from Anita. 50 roses from Gretchen. Two plants from Joe and Jared (a beautiful yellow orchid which looks like dresses)and a rhododendron. A beautiful globe from my brother Mitch, Lori and their family (it rotates in the same direction of the earth). Wine and promise of something knit from Tammy & Dean. Two $50 bills. A pretty pin from Lori and a hula hoop from Sam at work. I received a fine visit from my father in law and so much more. We even had lemon meringue pie and other treats at work.

I've been bad at getting to my blog. I'm back to work and time sifts through my fingers faster than ever. I had tea with Janeal and lunch with Glenn. I love watching the Olympics. I've seen to a couple movies.

Things coming up include a trip to the State Fair on Friday. A trip to Kansas City, MO planned for work in mid September and I'm working on several events in October. I'm planning a Ducks Unlimited Event with Chapter 256 on October 9, a Tea on October 18 and a trip to Hawaii (to continue with my turning 50 celebration). Life is good.

No comments: